Friday, October 13, 2006

Day 2 - Asakusa/ Ueno/ Harajuku

It's was a nice and sunny weather, a bit chilly in the morning thot, but I love it. This is what I can't enjoy in tropical country.

We headed for Asakusa after our breakfast in Denny's Restaurant near our hotel. It was peak hour when we boarded our train but the crowd started to lighten after Tokyo Station...great!

Not far after entrance, I saw a samurai sword and bugging my parent to buy but they asked me to wait till our next stop in Ameyoko where I will get to see and buy more toys. It was known as a black market after WWII but now it is more like a wholesales market selling all kind of stuffs - fresh fish, vegetables, fruits, dried food stuff and clothing/bags and etc...

Upon reaching Ueno Station, we saw a HRC and Dad bought a T-shirt for me as souvenir. After crossing the street, we saw a panda mascot distributing flyer, I ran straight and ask to take a photo.

At the entrance of Ameyoko, I dozed off shortly after resting on my stroller, didn't missed out anything since those stuffs are mainly for Mum & Dad but Dad is starting to feel the pressure as he can't seem to find any samurai sword...Mum was teasing Dad what happen if there isn't any toy to buy and how he is going to break the new to me...

At about 2pm, Mum & Dad had more or less finished their shopping and looking for a place for lunch but Dad still hasn't found any sword for me...so they tracked back a little to Ueno station and at that very moment, Mum's heard a boy crying very loudly and didn't want to leave the building. It was a 6th storey high bldg selling game and perharp toys.

So, Dad went in to search for my sword and came out with nothing. But, Mum didn't give up, she saw someone coming out from an elevator on the side, so she presume that maybe the toys are located on the upper floors and not basement. True enough, she got me a samuria sword and a toy gun! Dad was relieved. Mum woke me up and showed me what she has got for me. I woke up immediately and was very much delighted to find my toys.
Finally, Dad can have a nice tasty lunch with a happy and delighted kid.

After lunch, we headed to the Ueno Park for a stroll. You will get to see people busking in the park. We saw a group of "Red Indians" playing the flutes and dancing and singing away. It is really nice and the sound coming out from the flutes really can help one to forget their troubles and worries. We feeled very peaceful and calming listening to the music.

We slowly walked back to Ueno station and headed for Harajuku area. At Harajuku station after crossing the road, we reached the Takeshita Dori (Takeshita Street), saw a handful of cosplay and gothic teenagers but didn't get any chance to take photo with them. Upon exit, we headed to Omotesando at about 4pm, we shop a little at the Gap store but I dozed off on my stroller again. The sky turn dark quickly and the wind is very chilly, Mum & Dad can't since to find any resturant they fancy so they decided to head back to Ikebukuro for dinner instead. As I still hasn't gotten enough "beauty sleep", I woke up feeling very cranky but soon give in to Mum's command.
Place that I missed in Harajuku/Omotesando is:

Kiddyland
- located at 6-1-9 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku. Tel: 03-3409-3431. Nearest stn: Meijijingumae, exit 4. Open 10am-6pm daily.

Hakuhinkan Toy Park is located in Ginza area (8-8-11 Ginza, Chuo-ku. Tel: 03-3571-8008. Nearest stn: Shinbashi, across from Ginza 9. Open 11am-8pm daily) but since we didn't had enough time to visit Ginza and too expensive to shop anyway, we skipped.

No comments: