Wednesday, October 18, 2006

mum's worse dinner experience...


Had Ramen near my hotel but was greatly disappointed with the food and service... The shoyu ramen indeed tasted like "shoyu" and when Mum asked for a fork & bowl for me.

The waitresses hear her request but didn't responsed with any expression of "Yes/NO" or "I don't understand..." (Mum's sensed something is wronged as it is unusual for such behaviour) She just moved away to another collegue and speak aloud in mandarin "我不知道她要什么" immediately, Mum waved to her attention and make her request in mandarin for a fork and bowl for me. Then she looks atonished but came back with our order and said "Doozo"... what is she trying to prove or show-off? her japanese lang? or What?

FYI, most Restaurant in Japan that we have tried will provided us with untencils for kids without the need to ask. Some even go to the extend to ask if we need "rice" for my child and speak in my language - mandarin "饭" and he is definately a Japanese chap unlike that "great pretender chinese waitresses".

This lesson teached me that NOT TO PATRONIZE RESTUARANT SERVING “中华料理”

No comments: